Wednesday, April 14, 2010

UPDATE ! Remember the playhouse? Well.....

In one of my earlier posts (last week) I discussed luxury playhouses for children.   Well then I stumbled across this in the LA times this week.  It is a similar style playhouse but this one is for some pampered pooches. 


42 year old Tammy Kassis lives with her husband outside of Los Angeles and when an owl almost carried one of her 3 dogs away she decided to give them, Chelsea, Coco Puff, and Darla, a home of their own.

She commissioned Alan Mowrer of La Petite Maison in Denver for the job and the result is an 11ft replica of the family home with luxury features like hardwood floors, heat, A/C, screened doors and windows, mini-blinds, handmade curtains, and landscaping complete with a white picket fence. She's even planning to install a plasma TV so the dogs can all watch Animal Planet together, their favorite show.




Air Con?  Why of course

Mrs. Kassis was quoted as saying "My dogs are my life," but I can't help but wonder how much time are the dogs spending in this $20,000 doghouse instead of in the regular house with the family?






Darla slips into Chelsea's canopy bed when the Yorkshire Terrier isn't around. A trompe l'oeil wallpaper window hangs above a frieze of shopping bag-motif wallpaper, just above the chair rail molding.

Two Doggie outfits hang on the wall just above the dogs bed.

I can't think of any comments at the moment as I'm speechless.  A rarity indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment