Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Knight's Tale...

As you know from reading my previous posts, I love making dress-up costumes for my boys.  They normally come up with the suggestion and then it is my task to make it happen.  Thank goodness they don't want to be a little person made out of lego or something equally awkward!   Artists are not miracle workers!

Anyway, a couple of years ago I was asked to make a Knight's costume.  I actually enlisted the help of my mum with this one as it was a tad tricky.   All in all it turned out fantastic.   He really was a shining knight in armour.




The little chain mail undergarment (a bit hard to see in the photo) was sewn up by my mum and it was a great hit at the party he attended.   The only tears were from children he tried to challenge to a duel with his sword! 

My boys have their own likes and dislikes and I usually look to them for inspiration about what artworks boys might like.  The Knights "phase" inspired a couple of my artworks and they've been a constant hit for a couple of years now. 


 





Knights, Castles and Dragons never go out of style!   However my dragons and wizards tend to be on the "friendly" side.  We can't have any bad nightmares can we!

No comments:

Post a Comment