Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The perfect shoes for sailing - found!

I was remarking to my sister a little while ago that I need proper "boating attire".  My two boys are part of a junior sailing school on the northern beaches of Sydney.  They absolutely love it and I often go down with coffee in hand to watch them learn and compete.



Pittwater, Sydney


You'll often find me with the dark shades on trying to wake up as it normally starts at an insane hour of the morning.  Though I will admit it is a gorgeous part of the day and I really can't complain being by the water.



Pittwater, Sydney

At times the parents will help lift the small sailing boats into the water.  And visa versa.  Recently I was feeling a bit guilty and tried to assist with the boats.  It was then I realised that I need to start dressing more appropriately.

After nearly losing my gorgeous designer shoes in the "drink", and then ruining them with sea water, I remarked that I needed to get proper shoes to help everyone.   However, I am not very keen on those boating shoes that sailors tend to wear (even on dry land), despite how "Ralph Lauren" inspired they might be.   I admit that they might be practical but are they fashionable?   Does anyone even consider these issues?  What does a fashionista do?



But then...(hold the horses), I found these!!



Dsquared2 "Love Boat" Pumps.

Dsquared have kept the most noticeable design elements of boat shoes by keeping the leather strap along the side but then incorporating a flirty bow at the vamp. Of course, we can't forget about the lug sole that are normally seen on boat shoes for durability and traction, but luckily, even a lug sole doesn't take away from the Love Boat's lady like appeal. Throw in all-American preppy plaid for unexpected dose of color and 5" inch heels for some sexiness, and you have one hot looking boat shoe.

Who said that boat shoes couldn't be stylish?!   Totally impractical but stylish for sure.  Then again, maybe a pair of flat rubber soled shoes might be safer or I might end up in the sea myself.  Perish the thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment