Friday, April 16, 2010

Space the final frontier...

Space may be the final frontier, but it certainly hasn't finalised as a decorating theme for children.  Spacemen and rocket ships still fascinate children as much today as they did when I was a child.  My space artworks are a staple of my store.  Always in demand and always in fashion.


Watching the stars and learning about planets was exciting.  I can't tell you how many times I've watched the moon with my children and tried to see "the man in the moon".   Thankfully they've grown out of that (the new telescope we bought put an end to that myth), however they still love the idea of space travel. 

I've built countless lego space crafts.  Star Wars ships included.  I've glued glowing stars to the roof and bought my sons planetariums.  We've spent hours looking through telescopes and pouring over books. 


How many of us have put boxes over our heads and pretended they were space helmets.  Or wrapped ourselves in tin foil to make our own space suits.  If you didn't then you've seriously missed out!  If you do make up for lost time (and you are an adult), I implore you to do it behind closed curtains as you don't want the men in the white coats to pay a visit!

It seems some of us don't grow up and that is a good thing.  Here's one of my latest finds and it is simply fabulous.




SkyDomes

What is amazing is the StarDomes can recreate the sky at any given moment.  They can include planets and the moon in it’s lunar cycle.  So what you are looking at is exactly the same as the sky outside. 
There are even optional controls for slower sunsets (and sunrises) and hands-free operations are available. This creates the ultimate sunset experience!
Some buyers of the StarDomes have put them in home theatres, above baths or in hallways to add effect. 

Who said adults outgrew space and the final frontier?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment