Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Loving... Beach inspired jewellery

If you've read my previous posts you would know I live on the Northern Beaches and adore the laidback beach/ocean lifestyle.  This is reflected in some of my art. 



The beach and ocean are always and inspiration for artists.  The colours, the shapes and the textures are amazing.  Collecting small shells is always fun as is collecting jewellery, so imagine my delight at finding that Badgeley Mischka has combined both!

If you love the beach then this new necklace by Badgley Mischka might be perfect.   A colourful concoction of sparkly sea shells, a clam and a starfish pendant with various precious and semi-precious stones all against the backdrop of a five-string gold chain.  You would have to absolutely "love" the beach as it sells for $800 US.



Diamond Reef Sea Necklace - Blue/Green - $800 USD

What about a ring instead?

Diamong Reef Ring - $120 USD

Diamond Reef Sea Necklace - Pink/Red - $800 USD

Now I doubt I could convince my husband that I simply found these "gems" washed up on my local beach.  Or that I found shells and fashioned them into a necklace.  I may be creative but not that creative!  Pity

The closest I might get is a shell I've found and then encrusted (glued) with fake rhinestones.  Get crafting everyone as I suspect the sea will be the next big trend in fashion jewellery.  You've been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment