Thursday, April 15, 2010

The best block of land in Sydney...

Sydney is obsessed by property.  It is discussed as much as the weather.  If you turn on the radio and TV you're bound to hear about the property market.  Will it go up?  Will it go down?  Which suburbs/areas are about to boom...



Dinner conversations are always peppered with real esate discussion.  Who's just sold, bought or renovated.  The gossip isn't about who wore what dress as much as who bought and sold.  And for how much. 

Land on the harbour overlooking the Sydney skyline is priceless.  A rarity in a city where even car parking spaces can go for over six figures in the right location. 

Sometimes I wonder if the residents of one particular area of land actually appreciate the land and the fine views they enjoy whilst they munch away on their meals.  Are they oblivious to the ooh's and aah's of passers by?  They seem completely non-plussed, arrogant if you will.  And it never ceases to amaze me.  The land and views are worth millions and yet they seem not to notice.  I wonder if they ever lift their lofty heads as a ship passes by and sounds it's horn.  Here they are :-



Sydney's Taronga Zoo

For me and the millions who visit Taronga Zoo it is simply the most amazing sight.  Even now after all these years I still continue to marvel at it all, snapping away on my camera and thinking that they must indeed be the luckiest giraffes in the world.  Prime real estate and views.  I wonder what they make of it all, the fuss and tourists clicking away on their cameras.  I'm sure they don't really care as long as they are fed and happy.

Taronga really is the most gorgeous zoo I've ever seen and I can spend a whole day there.  It is a photographers dream.  And my boys love exploring the zoo with its winding paths and quiet corners you can sit and watch the ships sail by. 


The new baby elephants have resulted in enormous excitement and children are studying wild animals and Africa with renewed enthusiasm.  My African artworks do well as children can't seem to get enough of them.  After a visit to Taronga the animals are the new celebrities which I think is fantastic.   It is wonderful to see pop posters pulled down and replaced with artworks of animals again.

No comments:

Post a Comment