Friday, April 2, 2010

Dress As Your Hero Day

The last day of school before Easter was "Dress as your hero day". When the note came home the challenge commenced. Rather than being daunted I love dress-up days. Maybe it is my "inner child" or maybe it is just my creative side coming to the fore. I'm not sure but I seem to get a kick out of it more than my boys.

I normally enlist the help of my mum if I need help with sewing but this year was a bit simpler. My eldest son wanted to be his favourite hero - US Snowboarding champion and Olympic Gold Medallist - Shaun White.




My son loves snowboarding so it was pretty simple for the outfit. The board was another matter. His real snowboard is far too heavy and precious to carry to school, so the challenge was to create a mock snowboard. Using my computer and printers at work I was able to re-create the real snowboard onto matt board.

Although a bit smaller in size I think it worked out well. I cut it all out and even put the holes in for the bindings. Then we put it all together and put him in a wig. I think the snowboard turned out well. I suppose if I ever need to change careers I could use my design skills for snowboards!





I'm secretly thrilled that he chose an athlete as his "hero". Although superhero's are fun, it is great to see children inspired by olympians. Who knows where this may lead! Stay tuned....



No comments:

Post a Comment