Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Leopard and Jaguar Print

The other day I mentioned Zebra print being "on-trend" at the moment.   The other print making headlines in fashion and interior design is Leopard/Jaguar Print.  Though I don't think leopard print ever goes away.  It is the one print that you know will always be in fashion every couple of years.  A few choice investment pieces in this print can last years.  I find it much easier to wear than zebra stripe as well.

At the moment if you go to any fashion store you will find tops and scarves in this print.  Today I even found a metallic leopard print scarf in a shop.  At the moment metals are popular as embellishments on clothing.  Mix the two together and you have an updated look.


Photo's taken this week.

Katy Perry, Chloe Sevigny and Sienna Miller.

No longer is it the Peggy Bundy Look from "Married with Children".  You might recall that in the show she had a leopard print obsession.  Now it is wild child or rock chic.



Kate Hudson this week


Betsey Johnson - Animal Print Wayfarer.

I prefer a little bit here and there when wearing this print.  Accessories are perfect to add the right dash of colour to an outfit.  Too much and it cheapens the look. 



French Sole Henrietta High Leopard Pony Hair

In home furnishings a leopard print pillow or throw strategically placed can give a room a touch of the exotic.  Dark wood, natural materials and African touches are also popular.

In my store I've found that Africa never goes out of fashion.  My African prints sell themselves.  Like me I am sure the children with my african artworks will mostly likely be the leopard print fashionista's of the next decade.


No comments:

Post a Comment