Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hello Weekend! Hello May!

Loving that the weekend is finally here.  The weather is fantastic and although the nights are cold, the days are still warm enough to get outdoors.


As I've mentioned in a previous post, my son is part of a sailing club with his friends.  Rain, hail or shine they go out in their little boats.  For me sunny days are preferable but sailors must get used to all conditions.  Which means that the parents have to as well!  Unless you have a brilliant husband like mine who offers to take them instead. 






The kids really love sailing and there is a great sailing community on the northern beaches.  My boys love their water sports and if they're not sailing then they are learning to surf.  Or they take part in "Nippers" (Surf Lifesaving).    My eldest son has great balance and so seems to be a natural with the sailing and surfing.  He does not get this from me! 

One day he was showing me how good his balance was on his ripstick (skateboard).  I decided to give it a go and lost control.  I had more than a couple of bruises after I crashed and tumbled off it.  I should know better after watching funny home videos every week with them.  Even I laugh at the parents who try to do daft things.  Thankfully my "stack" was not filmed.

That is why I'll stick to my art.  Obviously we are all talented in different things.  As for my youngest son, he's yet to reveal where his talents/skills lie.  He's a bit of a dare devil so that should be interesting.  I definitely won't be giving what he chooses a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment