Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Newest Artwork. Behold the "Kokeshi"!


This is my newest artwork and I'd love to know what everyone thinks (Leave a comment!). I know my niece EM will love it as she is obsessed by Japanese Kokeshi Dolls. And her mum has been begging me for ages to design a Kokeshi artwork. So finally here it is!

I think it will be a huge hit but not only with children. I know so many adults who love kokeshi (or momoji dolls as they're sometimes known), just as much.
Sometimes customers come into my store and I suspect they are buying artwork for themselves. And why not? I hope everyone loves my art as much as I do. We should all indulge our "inner child" as much as we can, when we can. Of course there is a limit and I have to keep on reminding my husband of this!

Not that I think he will be wanting a Kokeshi doll anytime soon. You know what I mean! (I thought I'd better clarify that).




1 comment:

  1. This is the best Japanese Kokeshi Doll artwork I have seen. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete